Admission Requirements. Entrance into an undergraduate degree program (A.A. or B.S.) is normally based on the following criteria:
- Submission of a completed application form and application fee ($40 non-refundable). Along with basic information, the application asks students to provide:
- A 250 word response to the following question: "While studying at HIU, explain how you will work through your two greatest challenges and utilize your two greatest strengths? Where do you plan to be in five years and how will an education at HIU help you develop that plan?"
This response is used for purposes of academic advising.
- Complete the Financial Options Guide. You will only need to complete pages 3, 7 and 8. (Note: if you are receiving a pre-arranged private scholarship you will fill out page 4 as well.)
- Submission of official high school transcripts indicating completion and a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4-point scale, a General Education Diploma (GED) indicating a minimum score of 47, or 12+ units of college coursework with a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended
- Online and Adult programs do not admit students who have been placed on academic suspension, or disciplinary probation or suspension, by another educational institution (including Traditional Undergraduate Programs) within the past 12 months.
NOTE: Students may enroll in our Online and Adult Programs without any prior college coursework. However, students may not start their Major Course Sequence until they have completed at least 24 college units, including English Composition. (It is recommended that 49 units be completed prior to the Major.) Students may earn such credits in our Online and Adult Programs, or they may complete the requirements elsewhere. For policies regarding transfer credits and credit by examination, refer to ‘Academic Policies and Regulations’ in the HIU catalog.
NOTE: Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by a detailed evaluation completed by an agency specializing in foreign academic credentials (at the applicant's expense). Applicants who submit transcripts that must be translated and evaluated by a foreign transcript evaluation service, without also submitting college/university transcripts from an English-speaking institution, must furnish official scores from a TOEFL examination taken within the last five years with a minimum score of 550.
Any applicant not meeting the above-stated requirements may petition for special consideration by the Online Undergraduate Admissions Committee.
Application Procedure. You may contact the Graduate and Adult Admissions office at any time to determine your eligibility or to receive further information about Online Undergraduate programs (1-888-352-HOPE or email@example.com). To apply for admission to the Online Undergraduate Program,
- Complete and submit the application form and the non-refundable $40 application fee to the Graduate and Adult Admissions office. Click here to apply online now.
- Contact each school you have attended to request a copy of your transcripts to be sent to Hope International University.