Mary Ellen Pereira, Th.M.
Adjunct Professor, Pacific Christian College of Ministry & Biblical Studies
- Th.M., Biblical Studies/New Testament, Princeton Theological Seminary
- M.Div., New Testament, Emmanuel Christian Seminary
- M.A.R., Christian Ministry, Emmanuel Christian Seminary
- B.R.E., New Testament, Great Lakes Christian College
- Adjunct Assistant Professor: Hope International University, 2010 - Present
- Pastor: Wi-Ne-Ma Christian Church (Cloverdale, OR), 2008 - Present
- Associate Professor of Christian Ministry and Chair of Ministry Program: Northwest Christian University, 2004 - 2008
- Associate Professor of New Testament Studies: Puget Sound Christian College, 1996 - 2003
- Bible Study Methods and Tools
- Jesus and the Kingdom of God
- The Holy Spirit
- Estal Taylor Sermon Award; Emmanuel Christian Seminary
- Greco-Roman Backgrounds to the NT
- Women’s Roles in the New Testament and Early Church
- Women in the Early Restoration Movement
- “‘I Never Knew You’: Hearing Jesus’ Rebuke in Mt 7.23.” Leaven 16/4 (2008): 167-71.
- “Hairstyles and Heretics: Exploring the Backgrounds and Applications of 1 Timothy.” Leaven 13/1 (2005): 22-27.
- “Babcock, Clara C. Hale.” The Encyclopedia of the Stone-Campbell Movement. Eerdmans, 2005: 54.
- “The Holy Spirit in the Gospel of John.” Leaven 12/3 (2004): 143-46.
- “Living the Gospel of the Cross.” Leaven 5 (Fall 1997): 8-10.
- “An Examination of the 1892-93 Christian Standard Controversy Concerning Women’s Preaching.” M.A.R. thesis, Emmanuel School of Religion, 1990.
- “An Exegetical Study of 1 Timothy 2:9-15, With Special Reference to Cultural Backgrounds.” M.Div. thesis, Emmanuel School of Religion, 1990.
- Oregon Christian Convention, Turner, OR, Morning Bible Lectures: “Living Inside Out: Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount”
- North American Christian Convention workshop: “Hairstyles and Heretics: What Does First Timothy Mean for Women in Ministry Today?”
- Keynote Speaker, Christian Women’s Retreat; First Christian Church, Roseburg, OR: “The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength”
- Participant, Leaven Symposium on Living the Sermon on the Mount; Annual Bible Lectures, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Keynote Speaker, School of Christian Living, Junction City, OR, "Living the Cross-Shaped Life,"
- Speaker, “Women in Ministry in Higher Education,” Christian Heritage Conference, Wi-Ne-Ma Christian Camp, Cloverdale, OR
- Participant, Leaven Symposium on Ministry Themes in 1 Timothy; Annual Bible Lectures, Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
Ron and Mary live in Eugene, OR (home of the U of Oregon Ducks). Besides serving as an adjunct instructor for online classes through HIU, she pastors a small church on the Oregon coast. Her other ministry experience includes hospital/hospice chaplaincy and youth ministry in addition to some mission work--all of which have given her the opportunity to keep growing in this life of faith and relationship with God.
“I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death . . .” (Phil 3:10)