Robin Hartman, M.A., M.L.I.S.
Director of Library Services
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x1212
Office: Darling Library, 2nd Floor
- M.L.I.S., San Jose State University
- M.A., Instructional Technology, East Tennessee State University
- B.A., Social Sciences/Social Work, Hope International University
- Single Subject Credential, Social Sciences, California State University, Fullerton
- Beta Phi Mu, Library and Information Science Honor Society
- Kappa Delta Pi, International Honor Society in Education
- ALA (American Library Association)
- ACRL (Association of College and Research Libraries)
- LLAMA (Library Leadership & Management Association)
- LITA (Library and Information Technology Association)
- CARL (California Academic and Research Libraries), Campus Liaison since 1997
- ATLA (American Theological Library Association)
- SCATLA (Southern California Theological Library Association)
- CCL (Christian College Librarians)
- SCELC (Statewide California Electronic Library Association), Board Member
- Integration of Faith and Learning
- Restoration Movement
- Instructional Technology
- “Life in the Cloud: A WorldShare Management Services Case Study.” August 2012. Journal of Web Librarianship (6:3)
- “Faith and Technology: Toward Integration for Christian Higher Education.” 1997. Paper co-authored with Terri L. Bogan for the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities.
- Adopting OCLC WorldShare Management Services: Perspectives from Different Positions in Libraries (Reprise of American Library Association presentation.)Co-presenter. OCLC Webinar. July 2012.
- Library Services in the Cloud. Poster Session with Lindsey Sinnott. American Theological Library Association. Annual Conference. Scottsdale, AZ, July 2012.
- Adopting OCLC WorldShare Management Services: Perspectives from Different Positions in Libraries. Co-presenter. American Library Association. Annual Conference, June 2012.
- Using WMS to Provide Services to a Remote Campus. Co-presenter with Lindsey Sinnott and Nicole McDermott. WorldShare Management Services UGM, Los Angeles, CA. May 2012.
- The Power of Cooperation at Web-scale: OCLC and Academic Libraries. Co-presenter. OCLC Webinar. November, 2011.
- Web Services: Libraries in the Cloud. Co-presenter. Internet Librarian. Monterey, CA, October 2011.
- Empowering Your Staff to Do Their Own Access Reports (So You Can Do Your Job). Presenter. EndUser, 2005.
- Overcoming Fear of Implementing Customer-Authored Tools at Your Library. Panel Coordinator. EndUser (Endeavor Users Group Meeting), 2004.
- Outlook. Staff Training. December 2003.
- Voyager Reports. Library Staff Training. August 2003.
- Get Smart: Unix System Administration For Those Who Play System Administrators on TV. Presenter. EndUser (Endeavor Users Group Meeting), 2003.
- An Anatomy of a WebVoyáge: For Beginners. Co-presenter with Nell Yang, Systems Librarian at Santa Ana College. Voyager Users Group Meeting, 2002.
- "Thriving on Chaos" and other books in my backlog. Presenter. Voyager Users Group Meeting, 2002.
- Learning Styles. 1998. Co-presenter with Terri Bogan. Day of Common Learning, Pacific Christian College.
- The InterNOT: What the Internet is Not. 1995. Presentation to the faculty of Pacific Christian College at the annual fall retreat and initial meeting.
- Instructional Technology and Pedagogy. 1994. Presentation to the faculty regarding the use of instructional technology in the classroom.
I enjoy photography, crafts, movies, traveling, walking, indoor rowing, and Angels baseball.
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT/ FAVORITE QUOTE/ SCRIPTURE/ PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION:
Information is power, but too much information is a real problem. That's why we need librarians - to help bring order to chaos.