Steve Alley, M.S.
Chair of the Church Ministry Department; Associate Professor, Pacific Christian College of Ministry & Biblical Studies
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x1255
Office: Nutwood Rm 310
- M.S., Education, California State University, Fullerton
- B.A., Christian Education, Hope International University
- Administrative Credential, California State University, Fullerton
- Standard, Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, California State University, Fullerton
- Ministry To Children
- Creative Teaching and Curriculum Development
- Field Practicum 1
- Trends and Programs In Children's Ministry
- Who's Who In American Education 1989-1990
- Lifetime Ministry Award - International Network of Children's Ministry
- Current trends in children's ministry
- Creating spiritually-enriching ministry environments for children
- Training children's ministry volunteers
- Equipping and empowering parents to lead their own children, spiritually
- Strengthening today's family
- Creating children's ministry curriculum
- Providing ministry tools to churches worldwide
- Consulting with churches regarding their children or family ministries
- Official companion curriculum to the Disney production of "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and Prince Caspian."
- Alley, Steve, Growing A Healthy Children's Ministry, (Standard Publishing, Cincinnati OH), 2002. An administrative manual for children's ministry.
- Alley, Steve & Cora, SKITuations (a skit curriculum for children's church) (skituations.com) SKITuations is a children's worship curriculum consisting of one hundred skits in fourteen theme-related volumes. Each skit is followed by seven suggested activities that are used in Sunday school or extended session.
- Alley, Steve and Cora, Children's Ministry Training Series. (International Network of Children's Ministry. (INCM) Castle Rock, CO.) This curriculum was used by presenters sent out by INCM to present workshops at regional gatherings of children's workers.
- Alley, Steve and Cora, and Eastside Christian School. Biblical Choices for a New Generation. (Standard Publishing. Cincinnati, OH.) 1994 Biblical Choices is a 1,000-lesson Bible curriculum for Christian schools (kindergarten through sixth grade).
Steve Alley conducts workshops and children's programs for a variety of ministry conferences and children's ministry seminar tours. Topics include learning theory, educational strategy, current children's ministry topics, and organizational administration.
I enjoy creating ministry tools and curriculum with my wife, Cora. I also enjoy encouraging people, eating good food, and watching movies.
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT/ FAVORITE QUOTE/ SCRIPTURE/ PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION:
I will design relevant educational curriculum and implement innovative teaching techniques that equip adults to inspire young people to fulfill the Great Commission using the gifts and resources God has given them.