Tamsen Murray, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Educational Effectiveness; Associate Professor, Pacific Christian College of Ministry & Biblical Studies
Phone: (714) 879-3901 x 1260
Office: Nutwood, Suite 216
- Bachelor of Arts in History/Social Studies Education, University of Oklahoma
- Master of Religious Education, Lincoln (IL) Christian Seminary [now Lincoln Christian University]
- Master of Arts in Theology, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Doctor of Philosophy in Organizational Leadership, Regent University
- Hope International University, Associate VP for Educational Effectiveness (July 2010 to present)
- Azusa Pacific University, Executive Director, Office of Christian Leadership and Vocation; various adjunct teaching assignments (August 2003 to June 2010)
- Hope International University, Associate Professor of Biblical Studies and other assignments (July 1985 to July 2003)
- Intermountain Bible College, Academic Dean and other assignments (August 1978 to June 1985)
- South Shores Christian Church, Director of Christian Education (October 1974 to March 1978)
- BIB1325, History and Literature of Ancient Israel
- LDR3100, Leadership Skills
- Ministry Team Leader for Adult Education and Bible School Teacher, Anaheim First Christian Church
- Board of Directors, My Safe Harbor, Inc., Anaheim, CA
- Vice Chair, US Advisory Board for Lakeview Bible College and Seminary, Chennai INDIA
- Member, Christians for Biblical Equality
- Member, Alumni Associations for University of Oklahoma and Lincoln Christian University
- Effective leadership strategies for multi-cultural and multi-generational churches
- “Exegeting” Culture
- Leadership Development
- Women in Leadership
- Articles on “Intermountain Bible College” and “Erskine E. Scates” in The Encyclopedia of the Stone-Campbell Movement. Eerdmans, 2004.
- Co-author, article on “Azusa Pacific University” in Founded by Friends: The Quaker Heritage of Fifteen American Colleges and Universities. Scarecrow Press, 2007.
- Book reviews of Neither Poverty nor Riches and Women Leaders and the Church for the Stone-Campbell Journal, 2000.
- Leadership and Administration – course taught at Lakeview Bible College and Seminary (Chennai, India) in January 2012
- Presentation on Azusa Pacific University for Conference of Quaker Historians and Archivists in June 2010
- Co-presenter on “Embracing the Legacy of APU’s Founding Mothers” for Common Day of Learning, Azusa Pacific University in March 2010
- Co-presenter on “Faith Integration at Azusa Pacific University” for Lilly Endowment’s Programs for the Theological Exploration of Vocation Conference in February 2007
- “Check Your Theology” workshops at National Church Music Conference in April 2006
- Old Testament History – course taught at Tavriski Christian Institute (Kherson, Ukraine) in October 1998
- Church History – course taught at Tavriski Christian Institute (Kherson, Ukraine) in June 1998
- “God’s New Age for a Fragmented World” – Bible study on Colossians at North American Christian Convention in July 1993
Participating in the music ministry at Anaheim First Christian Church; cheering for the Oklahoma Sooners, Oklahoma City Thunder, and other assorted sports teams; taking care of my Scottish Terrier, Mason; and, best of all, watching my six grand-nieces and grand-nephews grow up.
PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT/FAVORITE SCRIPTURE:
My personal mission statement is this: To seek the Kingdom of God first in every endeavor, both personally and professionally — to live life without regrets.
My guiding Scripture: Matthew 6.33