Alan Fadling, M. Div.
Adjunct Professor, Pacific Christian College of Ministry & Biblical Studies
- M. Div., Fuller Theological Seminary
- B. A., Simpson University
- 2001 - Certified Spiritual Director – Pecos Benedictine Abbey
- Associate Director, The Leadership Institute, Orange, CA, 1998-Present
- Young Adults Pastor, Bethany Church West Covina, 1993-1997
- College Pastor, The Church at Rocky Peak, Chatsworth, CA, 1985-1993
- Solitude & Silence
- Board member, The Spiritual Formation Alliance, Denver, CO
- Guest blogger for Conversations Journal blog
- Integrating of spiritual formation and leadership development
- Consulting for ministry and church organizational transformation
- Developing Christian leaders of prayer and influence
- “Unhurried Time” (in process, InterVarsity Press, 2012)
- Holy Rhythms of Sabbath and Ministry
- Pursuing Spiritual Transformation in Organizational Settings
- Jesus: An Unhurried Savior
Reading Christian spiritual classics, cycling, enjoying my guitar.
PERSONAL MISSION/VISION STATEMENT
In my ministry with The Leadership Institute, my vision is to see churches, seminaries, mission agencies, and marketplace organizations transformed so that…
deep unhurried intimacy with Christ,
vulnerable communities of compassion, and
Spirit-empowered mission in the world
…become central to leaders and followers in these organizational settings. We believe this will require a reversal of the collapse of space and time embedded in significant portions of these structures, which can only be accomplished by the in-breaking of God’s reign.
My mission is to help rise up a generation of Christian leaders who listen to God, embody His character and extend His kingdom in their spheres of influence. Our mission’s goal is the imitation of Jesus’ patterns, not the hurried leadership patterns that dominate culture and church in which the collapse of space and time has suffocated communion with God and community with one another.