If you can meet these requirements and are interested in applying to Hope International University, please begin the application process by completing the following documents:
- Application for Admission
- Official transcripts that are sent directly from the undergraduate college or university
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- SEVIS Application Form
- One-page (at least 250 word) essay describing why you want to study at Hope International University. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affidavit of Financial Support
- A current bank statement or official letter from the bank verifying a balance of $25,000.
International students may be eligible for departmental assistance or scholarships. These awards do not cover the entire cost of the program and one must be fully admitted to be considered.
It is Hope International University's policy that all international students must pay all tuition, room, board and fees in advance of enrollment for classes for their initial semester. The breakdown for fee payment is as follows:
Hope reserves the right to require one full academic year of tuition before issuing an I-20 document. At a minimum, as part of funding verification, an initial deposit of the total first semester's tuition must be paid in full to obtain the I-20. This advance payment will remain on the student account until the student arrives at Hope and will be used towards the first semester of tuition, room, board and fees. If the student is unable to attend Hope due to visa denial or some other reason, the money will be refunded after the arrival date on the I-20 has passed AND the original I-20 has been returned to Hope. In this case, immigration officials will be notified that the student's I-20 has been terminated.
When the student arrives on campus, he or she will be required to pay the remaining balance for the current semester of tuition, room, board, and fees prior to enrollment for classes. Following the required deposits and payments within the first semester, international students are to pay tuition, room, board and fees in full for each subsequent semester in order for registration to be processed.
After you have been accepted to Hope and made your deposit...
You will receive your I-20 (for F-1 students) or DS-2019 (for J-1 students) from Hope
- The Designated School Official (DSO) will send you an immigration document known as the Form I-20AB Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Student Status (I-20 for short!) or Form DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for J-1 Exchange Student Status (or DS-2019 for short!).
- We cannot send you an I-20/DS-2019 until you are accepted and make your deposit. Hope International University is required by U.S. Federal law to determine through written application that you, the student, are qualified academically, linguistically, and financially to pursue an academic program at the University.
- Please allow 3 weeks from the time you have been accepted and made your deposit to receive your I-20/DS-2019.
When you receive your I-20/DS-2019, make an interview appointment with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy in your area.
- Do not make your interview appointment before you receive your I-20/DS-2019! Although the I-20/DS-2019 may reach you within a week of your deposit, there may be delays in mail service. If you need to overnight or rush your I-20/DS-2019, Hope reserves the right to ask the student to make up the cost.
- If you are curious as to how long it may take you to make an appointment with the U.S. Consulate or Embassy, see Visa Wait Times website.
Pay the SEVIS I-20/DS-2019 fee through www.fmjfee.com, or see your country's U.S. Consulate or Embassy website.
- Be sure to keep the receipt for payment of this $100.00 fee to take to your interview appointment!
Gather all necessary documents to take with you to the interview. Use the following checklist!
- Form I-20 (be sure to sign item #11) or DS-2019 (be sure to sign at the bottom)
- Completed visa applications (DS-156, DS-158, and, if applicable, DS-157).
- Receipt for visa application fee
- Receipt for SEVIS I-20/DS-2019 Fee
- Two 2"x 2" photographs in the prescribed format
- Valid Passport
- Documentary evidence of financial support (such as a sponsor or school scholarship letter)
- F-1 Students: Certified, original bank statement or statement of income
- Admission acceptance letter from Hope International University
- Any information that proves that you will return to your home country after finishing your studies in the U.S. This may include proof of property, family, or other ties to your community.
Relax, and get ready for a great interview!
- If you are granted your visa, keep all the above documents plus your visa to show when you enter the United States.
- If you are unable to obtain a visa, you must return your I-20/DS-2019 form to Hope International University's International Student Programs Office before we can issue you a refund of your deposit. The deposit will be refunded to the original sender and bank account in the country of origin.
Contact the International Student Programs Office to let us know the result of your visa interview! Please also let us know your travel arrangements, when you will arrive at Hope and if you would like us to meet you at the airport. If you would like to meet us at the airport, please email the ISP Office the name of your airline, your flight number, departure and arrival times.
Once you arrive at Hope, please bring all of your documents to theInternational Student Programs Office, located on the second floor of the Lawson-Fulton Student Center (where all the flags are).