We know that it can be confusing and difficult to take care of all the little details in coming to live in a new country. But do not fear - we are here to help!

Browse through these pages to find out how to get a social security number, a driver's license and much more. Our office is also eager to help you in opening an American bank account, finding your way around the city's bus system, and giving advice about finding a part-time job.

Please feel free to come by and talk with us at any time!


In order to have a job on campus at Hope International University, you will need to apply for a Social Security number.

View Detail

You can obtain a California Driver's License (Class C) from the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

View Detail

All international students in the United States must file tax forms each year.

View Detail