Types of Aid
- Federal PELL Grant - Targeted to highest need students
- Cal grant - Available for California residents who graduated from a High School or received your GED in California. Deadline: March 2nd. Visit www.csac.org for more details or requirements.
- Federal Direct Subsidized Loan - Based on need. Interest-free while you are in school enrolled at least half time.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan - Not based on need. Interest (for which you are responsible) accrues while you are in school. You have the option of paying the interest while you're in school, or having it added to the principal when you go into repayment (six months after your last day of class).
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan - Available to parents of dependent students. Interest accrues while you are in school. Repayment begins 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed for the academic year.
- Educational Private Loans - Compare private loan lender options before making a decision. (view information sheet).
- VA Benefit Information - http://www.gibill.va.gov/.